I think it’s safe to say that every human being longs for freedom — some probably more than others.
For those of us over here in the West, we enjoy a lot of freedoms. And yet, we often let ourselves get into bondage.
What do I mean?
I guess I’m thinking mainly along the lines of mindset. We get “stuck” in certain ways of thinking, which leads to feeling stuck in certain behaviors… and we end up not feeling so “free”.
So, what does it mean to “live free”? When you read my site’s tagline (Dream Big … Live Free), what comes to mind?
Living free might look different to different people, as we all see things through the lens of our own circumstances, etc. For me, though, living free looks like this:
• It is taking ownership of your God-given identity, personality, and CHOICES.
• It is letting go of being controlled by others’ expectations of you… and the “shoulds” that try to run your life.
• It is letting go of mediocre, aimless living (life where you’re existing, rather than thriving).
• It is freedom of choice.
• It is finding what works for you, in all areas of your life.
• It is pursuing your purpose, regardless of how crazy it might seem to those around you.
• It is feelings of victory, boldness, and the confidence that comes from knowing who you really are.
• It is a soul-deep knowing that you are meant for more.
• It is living authentically true –without apology– to who God created you to be.
• It is intentionally designing your life’s path, in cooperation with God, embracing His plan for you, and learning to live in the freedom that that brings!
BE FREE • BE YOU • DREAM BIG
So, what does “living free” look like to you?